Monday, December 10, 2012

World of Warcraft: a rant

So I've been on and off with World of Warcraft since the before Burning Crusade. I reactivated my account back in February when I was dealing with a lot of stress and needed an outlet. At the time, Blizzard had a special that if I agree to a year of World of Warcraft, I would get a special in-game mount and a digital copy of Diablo III. I decided that since I somewhat liked World of Warcraft, I could live with paying for a year subscription.

This was a huge mistake. For one, my main character is not in a guild. I have turned of guild invites, yet get bombarded with whispers of "join my guild" which results in me telling them to fuck off as I don't want to join a guild, and already have my guild invites turned off. I'm surprised I haven't been reported and kicked off of the game for the words I use in my ranting attacks.

Secondly, the new expansion changed just about everything in the game. Mists of Pandaria has fucked up just about everything I liked in the game. As a hunter, I was used to having both melee and ranged weapons. Now I have to choose one or the other. I'm used to a few tweaks in the talent trees with every patch, but now it's completely different. And what the heck is up with this new pet battles stuff? It seems pretty pointless to me.

As a veteran to this MMO, Mists of Pandaria completely changed the game. I only play maybe one day a month till things just piss me off. After my required year subscription is up, I'm done with this game unless they change it back to the way it was. It's just not worth my time anymore, and I will not even waste money on the expansion.

Well that was a surprisingly tame rant. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to watch the Dark Knight Rises again.

No comments:

Post a Comment